
Snack Ideas
Snacking...does it destroy a nutritional game-plan, is it "carbs earned", or is it our body telling us something?
It's all three, depending on the person involved. I know for myself, if I get late night cravings, it's almost always due to a long MAP session that day, and more than likely NOT re-fueling properly after. And I also know that while my body may be craving carbs + sodium, it's important to snack as we eat our main meals: P/F/C, nutrient dense. Here's a couple of ideas that I regularly incorporate with clients and myself:
Yogurt Mix:
- Full fat Greek yogurt/Goat yogurt, vanilla whey isolate, cinnamon, sliced almonds, and chia seeds Fat + Pro, a bit of lactose sugars. For those that do not tolerate yogurt, try kefir---fermented, more easily digested.
Pumpkin Mix:
- Canned pumpkin, Vanilla Whey Isolate, sliced almonds, cinnamon, chia seeds. A lower carb version of the above.
White Rice Mash:
- White rice, eggs, apples, cinnamon, coconut oil, and coconut milk: Pre-cook the rice, add everything to a baking dish, and bake at 350F for 30 min. I know it sounds like a mess, but it's fantastic. Involves a bit of prep and oven time, but it's amazing, and has a great protein/carb/fat profile. Obvious, a PWO snack, due to the higher carb content
Tuna You've Never Had:
- Canned tuna, honey, sliced almonds. I'm not even kidding. Try it. I dare you. This is a portable snack staple for me.
Post your snack creations to the comments
Mike Kesthely
No comments:
Post a Comment